Rays of delight podcast

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Norn Ireland/Rep of Ireland

Neither Ireland team covered themselves in glory. Northern Ireland were beaten 0-2 by Hungary and in a frantic finish the ROI were beaten 2-3 by Poland.

It's not a view that many of my Norn Iron brethren share, but I'd like to see an All Ireland football team. My provisos are that all home games are played in a new lovely stadium in Belfast, and we should have a few Northerners in the team.I don't think you'd need a quota system, there should be several there on merit.

It would be interesting to see how the Mexicans viewed such an arrangement. But, since Dublin has all the big GAA and Rugby internationals, shouldn't Belfast have some of the action?

BENT! CARSON! TERRY! oh dear oh dear oh dear. Still England did well.

I ate steak and wedges for tea. Am tired after football. It was a good game.

No comments: